Life happens! At times, we are in the wrong place at the wrong time. Still, we can be in the right place at the right time.
Last week was particularly harsh for our friends on Capitol Hill and the 45th POTUS:
- On Monday, the 45th POTUS’ personal attorney had his office raided by the feds,
- On Tuesday, the CEO of Facebook testified before the US Senate as millions around the world watched a billionaire skillfully dodge most questions about privacy and data sharing,
- On Wednesday, the 3rd most powerful congressman on Capitol Hill – Speaker of the House – announced his decision NOT to run for re-election,
- On Thursday, contents from the former FBI Director’s new book was leaked and it included some unkind personal views of the 45th POTUS, and finally,
- On Friday, the USE struck Syria with surface-to-air missile fire.
Wow!! How would you bounce back from this kind of week?!?!
I offer the following recommendations:
- Stay focused – on the task at hand.
- Avoid criticism – do not point fingers at others. When you point your finger at others, three are pointing back at you!
- Take personal responsibility – put on your big boy pants and accept what YOU did wrong. Take corrective measures.
- Do not look back – press forward with a new and changed attitude.
- Exhale – it’s time to reflect. Your introspection of the situation(s) can catapult you toward making needed internal changes.